5 Tips To Help You Choose The Right Location
Home5 Tips To Help You Choose The Right Location
Finding the right location is not always an easy task for home seekers, especially for those of us with limited budgets.
To help you on the right track, we have created our Top Five Tips For Choosing The Right Location.
- Current Needs: It’s important to consider your current needs when purchasing a new home, as the location can have a dramatic impact on your lifestyle. Urban, suburban and rural lifestyles all have positives and negatives – we suggest doing your research.
- Future Needs: Will you still be living in this home in the next 5 to 10 or even 20 years? It’s important to consider your future needs, including your realistic future financial position. It’s not always wise to be looking for large houses on big blocks, in the inner suburbs.
- Affordability: You need to think beyond land prices when purchasing your new home. Things like rates and body corporate fees are important to consider.
- Neighbours: Make sure you know the demographics of the area/s you are interested in. Having neighbours that relate to you, and your life stage, can have a dramatic impact on your lifestyle and the resale value of the property.
- Zoning: Zoning can come in handy when valuing and potentially reselling your property. Check with your local council, or planning agency, to see what zoning your prospective house comes under and what type of dwelling is allowed under that zoning.